The company’s been around for years. It’s practically one of the oldest web hosting companies to date. There has to be a reason why they’ve stayed and thrived, right?
Hostgator is one of the longest running web hosts today. They’ve been around for more than 16 years. The company was founded on October 23, 2002 by Brent Oxley.
This web host’s headquarters is at Houston, Texas. Their main lines of business include dedicated web hosting as well as vps, share, and reseller hosting services.
The company is currently owned by the Endurance International Group. It reported total revenue of $34.2 million back in 2008. want best deal on hostgator then go hostgator coupon here.
If you are looking for scalability and more reliability then Hostgator offers Cloud Hosting solutions to serve that level of hosting needs. These hosting plans give you the advantage of cloud caching, cPanel, resource management, an intuitive dashboard.
The company’s cloud hosting solutions also gives you the ability to transfer all your site data to another server quickly. That is a very useful feature especially if you are running an ecommerce site or any website that relies on solid uptime.
So, how does Hostgator do that with cloud hosting? They create three mirrored copies of your sites across different platforms. That basically ensures redundancy. There’s always a copy that you can turn to and use in a separate server in case the one you’re allocated to goes down. check out hostgator review before buying cloud hosting from hostgator.
Why You Shouldn’t Switch to Cloud Hosting?
We don’t recommend switching to Hostgator’s cloud hosting services if you’re just starting your very first website ever. If you’re just testing the waters, then it might just be too expensive for you.
If you’re a student and you’re just testing your web programming skills or if you’re putting up a site because it’s a project or something, then better go for the shared hosting plans.
If it’s just one site and you don’t expect a lot of traffic then don’t get cloud hosting. If you expect to shut your site down when the semester ends then why choose a more expensive hosting plan?
Why Switch to Cloud Hosting?
If your website requires solid uptime then you should consider getting a cloud hosting service and hostgator black friday sale has a pretty good offer. You get to use the resources from multiple servers.
Note that when you sign up for a shared hosting plan, you only use the resources and computing power of one server. Hostgator guarantees the following to their cloud hosting customers:
- Higher bandwidth of up to 4 times than their shared hosting plans
- Sites get a speed boost up to twice as fast as the lower tier plans
- Your sites will be 4 times more scalable
- You also get free cPanel
With a more scalable site, your site will be better able to manage spikes in web traffic. That’s something you can’t get from a shared hosting plan.
During days when you have more than the usual amount of web traffic, your cloud hosting service will adjust to the demand. That means you will experience fewer downtimes and reboots. Another bit of good news is that you won’t need data migrations since everything is already mirrored.
If you aren’t that computer savvy or you don’t have any advanced coding know how, then this is the hosting plan for you. You get instant resource management features bundled with this plan to manage your site.
You will also have access to dashboard tools that give you the stats in a glance. You will see your global reach, uptimes, page loading speeds, and page usage trends. These tools give you the bird’s eye view of your site’s performance in a glance.
Your sites will also load much faster since there is a built in caching system with this type of web hosting. The servers will have multiple caching layers.
Cloud Hosting Plans
Hostgator offers 3 different cloud hosting plans.
- Hatchling Cloud Plan – this is their basic cloud hosting plan. It costs $4.95 a month. You get a 2 Core CPU, a free SSL certificate, 2 GB of memory, and it can be used for one domain (i.e. you can use this hosting plan for one website only).
- Baby Cloud Plan – this is the slightly more expensive cloud hosting plan from Hostgator and it is priced at $6.57 a month. You get to host unlimited domains. You get a boost from the usual 2 CPU cores in the Hatchling Cloud Plan to a 4 core CPU in the Baby Cloud Plan. This plan also features unlimited domains and the server where you will be hosting your site on will have 4 GB of memory. You also get a free SSL certificate.
- Business Cloud Plan – this is the most feature rich cloud hosting plan from this company. You can also host unlimited domains just like in the Baby Cloud Plan. Other features include unlimited domains, 6 core CPU, 6 GB memory, free SEO tools, dedicate IPs, and positive SSL. This cloud hosting plan will cost $9.95 a month.
- Want save more? – If you want save more money than we suggest you to wait for hostgator black friday sale that comes at end of every year.
What’s the Catch? Just like what was mentioned earlier, if you want to get quality service and spare yourself from all the headaches then get Hostgator’s cloud hosting services.
Obviously the big downside is the cost. At the very least you need to cough up $60 for a 12 month hosting plan for the Hatchling Cloud Plan. The cost will of course triple when you move up to the Business Cloud Plan.
Now, here’s a suggestion. If you’re just starting or you’re just testing how things are with Hostgator, you can get a shared hosting plan first. If you feel that the experience is great then you can upgrade to a cloud hosting plan.
Why Not Just Use the Money Back Guarantee?
Does Hostgator have a money back guarantee? Yes, they do have a 45 day money back guarantee. However, there is also a catch—which is why we also consider this as a downside—this money back guarantee doesn’t apply to their cloud hosting plans.
You can get a full refund if you are able to cancel the service within 45 days since you signed up. However, this policy only applies to Shared Hosting Plans, VPS Hosting Plans, and Reseller Hosting Plans.
That means you can’t just sign up for a cloud hosting plan and cancel before your 45 days are up.
Hostgator is one of the best web hosting around the wold. You can go with it without worrying about anything.